Please find below links to the Blarney Brass and Reed Band constitution and policies
Constitution and Policy Documents
- Garda Vetting Policy (May 2014)
- Child Protection Policy and Procedures (May 2014)
- Confidentiality Policy (May 2014)
- Data Protection Policy (May 2014)
The band would like to reiterate that it is the band’s policy that any member absent for a rehearsal or performance must inform the committee in advance through the following means:
- Text or email the band Secretary if you are going to miss a rehearsal or be late.
- If you will be missing for a performance or more than one rehearsal you will need to discuss this with the committee. Please do so by arranging a meeting with the committee or by informing them in writing by emailing email@example.com or by posting to the secretary’s address.
- As per the band’s constitution, members must attend on average of 75% of all rehearsals and 75% of all performances, unless granted a reduced commitment from the committee.
- Junior members may forfeit their place in the band’s Music Education Programme should their attendance at band rehearsals and performances be unsatisfactory.
Blarney Brass and Reed Band is committed to providing all members with the highest quality musical and educational experience possible and requires a serious commitment from all members and their families. The very nature of the band experience requires that all members are present to rehearse together. By accepting membership inBlarney Brass and Reed Band, members have agreed to fulfill the obligations associated with all rehearsals, performances, tours, and special events.